Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Welcome - Why I Am Here, Doing This

I've always wanted web space of my own. Facebook, MySpace, and the like don't count as personal web space in my opinion; too little control, too much conformity, too many annoying gadgets. I feel like Facebook is like an apartment, or rather, a hotel room: a numbered unit which is the same size, shape, and decor as all of the other rooms. Sure you may be able to change who can and can't see your room, you can change the layout of the furniture, you might even be able to get a mini bar with a fridge; but the snacks aren't always free. Sure you can get in touch with people on Facebook, but it's like having to use the Hotel's room number calling system, only you can't call outside the hotel. You may be able to choose who can see what your room number is, but there are always ways people can find it. And why hide? What are you hiding from? Face bookers shouldn't be afraid of, well, anything on Facebook. Having a Blog is like building your own house, from scratch. You can put it anywhere, everyone can see it, and the only thing you have to fear is dependent upon the information you divulge that you are frightened about.  Friends an colleagues have told me that they worry about their "image" on Facebook, some to the point of re-doing their entire profile several times a week, because they are worried about how it changes their image. So, I finally decided that it is time to make a blog. Here I am, my first post. I can honestly say it's a great feeling: to finally step out the door, get some fresh air on the internet, taste the space. (Yummy) I like not having to worry about a coming bit storm, a hurricane of hate, or bytes of bad. I really don't know what I'll end up posting here, but I can promise that whatever I post, it will be me. - Info

No comments:

Post a Comment